Video Explanations Of Fed’s Balance Sheet, Monetary Base, Gold Standard, Etc…

The Fed's Balance Sheet and the Monetary Base (December 2005)

Links:
The Fed's Balance Sheet and the Monetary Base (December 2005)
Modern Money Mechanics
Economics Glossary: (definition of reserve)
Money_supply (wikipedia)

US money supply and dollar collapse

Links:
Where Is All the U.S. Currency Hiding?

How The Fed Controls The Money Supply

(The video entry I did yesterday was one hour and twenty minutes. I am breaking it down into smaller sections, and I will be adding these videos to this blog entry by Monday or Tuesday night.)

This entry was posted in Bailouts, Currency_Collapse, Gold, Market_Skepticism, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Video Explanations Of Fed’s Balance Sheet, Monetary Base, Gold Standard, Etc…

1. Mudar says:

Hi Eric;

As always you still prove how insightful you are in following the current events.

But honestly sir, your prior articles where way better and more constructive especially to those whom really seek to get answers to the overall current economical situation. Your comments, analysis and reactions get directly to the mind of your reader.

I can tell that the load of research that you are doing and going through is really big, and this might have been taking a lot of your time, so you decided to shift to those clips.

Anyhow, as becoming so addicted to you articles, based on your previous prompt follow up of the events, that is the essential part of your sites mission statement, I urge you please to rethink the clip alternative instead of the articles, and I also wish to genuinely ask you to help us more on the day to day fluctuating events, as you know the past 5days events on the Gold prices, honestly drove people crazy… is it just diving down for a while to start again pushing up, or what the hell is happening. Trust me Sir that such daily issues what all people need to hear about especially from you trusted Eric.

Finally, I can’t but to thank you so much for your great mind, efforts to enlighten honest people seeking the least solvency and survival. Also, I need to point out that whenever I open your site, It opens, but with an error note below of some missing characters. And the support page of (PayPal) dose not work.

Many thanks

Mudar Dudin

2. Pluto says:

Eric, you are doing a great service here. Believe me, there are many folks who talk the talk around here, who have little idea about how these basics (that you are generously covering) actually work.

If there's anything Americans need, especially the investor class, it's a little remedial refresher. By the way, it was good to see the M3 explained in your 2005 balance sheet. I believe it was May 2006 when that criminal Greenspan outlawed that knowledge for the first time in 93 years. And, that's when things got really ugly and we global traders hedged against the long-term viability of the United States. The CNBC zombies, not so much...

Follow your instincts and keep doing what you are doing. It's powerful stuff.

(Ditto on another commentor's remarks on PayPal. Check your set-up.)

Great work!

I like the videos as method of communication to explain these issues. Your former articles provide insides and information regarding a lot of aspects, but here you are bringing the finer parts of the mechanics together in a way where one can follow the dots.

That something doesn't add up is clear to everyone who looks at the recent charts of the Fed or ECB.

What is still mind boggeling for me, is that the monetary base for the $ but also the Euro is quite small (lower single digit Trillions) but the amount of "money" we spend or guarantee to banks and economy exceeds this amount by factors - let alone all the stocks, derivatives and so on.

Either we lot all connection to the numbers anyways (I think so) or something else is also far off. If the US government has a direct debt of over 10 trillion, how can it be that the whole monetary base for the $ is approx. 3-4 times smaller? That is still something I didn't came across reading a lot of articles.

Take care and continue your great work!

Thank you !! Now I understand !!

Gary in Delaware

5. Matheus says:

Hi Eric,

Great Work !

And did you see that the chinese exports and imports dropped 20 % this last month ?

Hope see your comments on that !

Cheers !

6. Troy says:

Videos are a nice to have but much rather ready your insightful articles. Keep up the great work

Eric,

I have found your article commentary and writing to be very informative and useful.

I think you are doing your reputation a disservice with these videos. Presentation does matter and if you're not very good at it then I suggest you either practice (privately), stick to writing, or have someone adept at the nuances of presentation do the videos for you.

Please don't take this as scathing criticism. It is intended to be valuable feedback. Your commentary is top notch, but you need much better presentation of you are going to use the video format.

Eric,

Thanks for this, clears up a lot of things for us 101 types.

Keep it up.. great work!

Your contributions are very insightful and powerful, Eric. I hope that you one day get the recognition and thanks that you deserve.

We are all doomed...